Links to other websites
Branch social mediaIn addition to this website, the branch also has a presence on the following social networks:
Other CAMRA websites
- CAMRA main website - Information on signing up for CAMRA membership can be found here and you can read more about the latest edition of the Good Beer Guide here. You can also follow CAMRA HQ on Facebook or Twitter.
- WhatPub - CAMRA’s national online pub guide - now available to non-members too!
- National Beer Scoring System - CAMRA’s easy to use system for monitoring beer quality in pubs across the UK. This information is used by branches when selecting pubs for the Good Beer Guide.
- Scotland and Northern Ireland Branches (SNIB) - one of 16 CAMRA regional areas, representing a steadily increasing membership in excess of 4500.
- CAMRA Members’ Investment Club - investing in breweries since 1989, with approximately 4,000 members in the Club and a fund value approaching £21m (as of Jan 2017).
Other websitesBeer Bloggers
Beer blogs that cover the branch area include:
- The BeerCast - a beer review website based in Edinburgh, with a monthly beer podcast (Twitter: @TheBeerCast).
- Traveling Savage - Keith Savage is an American who travels widely and loves Scotland and real ale (Twitter: @travelingsavage).
The Beer Tutor website is created by Michael Hardman MBE, one of the founders of CAMRA, with three main aims: to serve as a textbook to educate drinkers about the beers of the British Isles, to be a work of reference for people whose glasses of knowledge may be at least partially filled already, and to provide news and features about beer and brewing.
The Cask Marque scheme aims to improve the quality of cask ale at the point of dispense by accrediting licensees who meet its quality standards.
CAMRA is of course a consumer organisation. As a real ale drinker you may, hopefully very rarely or never, experience a recurring problem such as lack of full measure or non real ale pretending to be the real thing. The following trading standards web site links may be of use to you.