Our branch produces its own publications keeping drinkers informed about the real ale scene within the branch area:
- Pints of View – Twice yearly branch magazine
- Edinburgh & SE Scotland Real Ale Guide – Local real ale guide (fourth edition, 2013)
- Edinburgh Pub Walks – A pocket-sized guide to the pubs of Edinburgh and surrounding area, describing 25 town, country and coastal walks.
Pints of View
The latest issue (number 68, Winter 2016) of our branch magazine Pints of View is now available in real ale pubs throughout the branch area, and can also be downloaded in PDF format here (28.3 MB). Erratum: the Ferry Brewery launch event mentioned on p24 did not take place at the Stockbridge Tap. Apologies for the confusion.
The following back issues of Pints of View are still available (PDF format):
- Issue 55, Summer 2010 (5.6 MB)
- Issue 56, Winter 2010 (6.1 MB)
- Issue 57, Summer 2011 (4.9 MB)
- Issue 58, Winter 2011 (4.7 MB)
- Issue 59, Summer 2012 (4.6 MB)
- Issue 60, Winter 2012 (3.3 MB)
- Issue 61, Summer 2013 (4.3 MB)
- Issue 62, Winter 2013 (9.4 MB)
- Issue 63, Summer 2014 (4.7 MB)
- Issue 64, Winter 2014 (10.4 MB)
- Issue 65, Summer 2015 (17.9 MB)
- Issue 66, Winter 2015 (31.2 MB) Erratum: the Plough Inn mentioned on p17 is in LEITHOLM, NOT YETHOLM. Apologies for the confusion.
- Issue 67, Summer 2016 (23.5 MB)
Edinburgh & SE Scotland Real Ale Guide
The fourth edition of the Edinburgh & SE Scotland Real Ale Guide is fully revised and updated, with 375 real ale outlets in the Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders area listed, along with details of the real ale breweries in the area. It is available through the following channels:
- from the branch, by mail, for £4.75 including P&P, by sending an email request to email@example.com. The address to which a cheque should be sent will be emailed back.
- at many real ale outlets in the branch area for the cover price of £3.50 - look out for the "On Sale Here" posters. A list of outlets selling the guide can be found here.
- CAMRA members can buy a copy at branch meetings and socials for a special price of £3.00. Note that this price is only available when buying in person at these events.
Edinburgh Pub Walks
Explore the Scottish city without missing out on its historic public houses. A pocket sized guide to Edinburgh and the surrounding area.
The Branch is currently out of stock of Edinburgh Pub Walks, but it is still available from the online CAMRA shop at a members’ price of £7.99.
Good Beer Guide
The Good Beer Guide is now in its 44rd edition and featuring 4500 of the best real ale pubs in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. The original independent guide to good beer and good pubs also lists every real ale brewery currently operating and their key beers. All entries are researched and selected by members of CAMRA branches.
The 2017 edition was launched in September 2016. There are around 45 pubs, hotels and other outlets open to the public within our branch area in the new Guide. For more information, see the GBG page at the national CAMRA website.